Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors

Luckily, I have totally ignored the NM state law that requires me to chip my pets. Also, I have a cool vet who never bugs me about it. I wouldn't chip myself, or a child (if I had one), why would I chip my pets? Yeah, I know all the reasons they give for it, but I don't buy them. My pets are not going to run off or get lost and they are not going to be picked up because animal control stays in the city and never comes out where I live. I see no reason for it and I am glad I never did it.
Chip Implants Linked to Animal Tumors

1 comment:

barkfoot said...

It is worrying that these can cause cancer. In the UK it is not law to have pets chipped, but it is encouraged and is popular. We get a lot of thefts and road accidents and chipping does mean that many pets get re-united with their owners which otherwise wouldn't. I can see in your situation that chipping is unnessecary and agree with your reasons for not doing so.