Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dancer



















This is my best friend in the neighborhood. His name is Dancer. I really would have liked to get a better picture of him, but every time I stuck my head and camera through the fence he came up and started licking me. It is hard to photograph a horse who is licking you. It is still easy to tell how totally adorable he is, even without the best photo. Pooka seems to have a bit of a crush on him. I suppose that isn't surprising since he is very lovable. We stop by every day when we walk Pooka and visit with him and his brothers and give them carrots or apples. He has two brothers, Darth and Luka (Luka has been away at training for quite a while now). Darth will be showing at the Fair next Saturday and we may drop by and see him perform. Dancer is my favorite though, he is always happy to see me and to be petted and talked to, even when I don't have food.

2 comments:

barkfoot said...

He seems like a real character. There's nothing better to put a smile on your face than a regular animal friend who's always happy to see you.
The owner isn't a Star Wars fan perchance? Darth - Darth Vader, Luka - Luke?

Lesley said...

I am pretty sure she must be a huge Star Wars fan, but I have never asked.