Monday, November 26, 2007

Thank you!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind comments yesterday. They really did make losing Sheba a bit more bearable. I am feeling a little better, but there are so many things that remind me constantly. Even when I went to the grocery yesterday I had to get cat food and started reaching for the special kind I buy for her out of habit.

The other two cats, especially Kanga seem confused and not to understand that she isn't here anymore. It is kind of funny because Sheba hated Kanga's guts from the moment I brought her home because before Kanga she had been the only cat for 13 years or something. She never got any nicer to Kanga over the years either, but Kanga seemed to think Sheba was the coolest cat ever and would follow her around which would drive Sheba crazy. However that was all an act on Sheba's part because there was a cat crying outside one night and Sheba went crazy searching the entire house until she found Kanga and made sure she was OK. I guess Kanga probably knew it was all an act too.

1 comment:

Crow said...

Lesley - If you ever get a chance later on there's a podcast by Chris Fleming that you might want to listen to. Chris Fleming is a 'sensitive' from the show "Dead Famous". Anyways he talks about his cats and if animals have souls. (they do) here's the link:(cut and paste)
http://tinyurl.com/ysve4n