Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Mexico sets pet adoption record

Such great news!
More than 600 dogs and cats were adopted this weekend

The City of Albuquerque is looking at a potential world record as hundreds of pets were adopted at this weekend's Fetchapalooza.

The two-day event at Journal Center wrapped up Sunday afternoon at five.

Officials say a total of 630 out of 670 animals were adopted.

That's a city and state record—but it could also be a world record. The city will contact the Guinness Book of World Records to check it out.

Participating in Fetchapalooza were 38 shelters and rescue groups from around the state.

Organizers say Fetchapalooza will be back next year.

www.KOB.com - New Mexico sets pet adoption record

1 comment:

Abagale said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Betty

http://smallpet.info